AR-1 – Epoxy for Art Use
About the product
AR01 Epoxy resin system SPECIALLY FORMULATED FOR ART & ARTISTS.
- Resin: AR-1A / medium viscosity, high purity liquid epoxy
- Hardener: AR-1B / low viscosity, ambient curing
- High gloss
- Low viscosity
- Free from amine blush
- Excellent resistant to mild acid, alkali and organic solvents
- Food Safe (Certified by CSIR as per USFDA 300)
- Resin Pouring Art
- Protective and decorative coatings
- Epoxy Tables (up to 10 mm thick per pour)
- Counter tops encapsulation
AR-1 Epoxy system user Instructions:
Before using our product please take some time to read the following instructions. Wrong application method will result in faulty epoxy product.
- Prepare the surface you will use your epoxy on by cleaning it from any dust or For more adhesion between epoxy and other material you can sand the contact surface using a low grit sanding paper to roughen it. Make sure that any previous finishes are completely dry before continuing the epoxy application.
- Mix AR-1A and AR-1B together with the ratio of 100:60 by weight. It is advised to empty the containers in a mixing container and the mixing ratio can be assured using a Begin by pouring the hardener slowly into the epoxy resin. As you are pouring use your other hand to stir the epoxy resin. Continue pouring until all of the hardener is gone and use the spatula to scrape the sides. Once the epoxy resin becomes clear and one colour it’s ready to be used. You will have to work quickly.
- Once mixing is done your working times are 45-60 mins in summer and 60-90 mins in winter.
- Gel time is 1-1.5 hours in ambient conditions, curing time is 24 hours.